Ranch life in the Big Sky state through the eyes of one who has lived through it...so far.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Photo Ops

Otherwise known as 'Up half the night, too tired to write.' Stayed awake 'til eleven-thirty to check cows. Started snowing hard just before I went out, so I was scrambling around for close to an hour in the mud and the snowstorm rearranging cows and trying to get newborn cow/calf pairs under the shed for shelter. Got it done, then the four wheeler quit and I had to walk back to the house. Then I crawled in bed, barely dozed off, and my son came shuffling in wanting someone to come lay with him because he had a nightmare.

Thus, pictures.

The Nursery:



Prize Heifer (Apex Focus 053 cow and Apex Windy 078 bull, (Apex Angus) for those of you who care about such things.):



Would you believe we were being ironic?



At the end of the day:


*




3 comments:

liebjabberings said...

Wonder how many of them would have made it if you hadn't. Sounds like a job needing doing - and well done.

The kid, too.

Alicia

BS said...

Cow photos are always my favorite. Hope you will see spring soon. It has been a cold winter for us so I am ready for warmer weather!

BS said...

(Weekend Cowgirl!!)