Saturday, March 03, 2012

The Brat Pack

*

This video was actually taken last weekend so the oldest of these calves is ten days and the youngest of them were born within twenty four hours of filming, hence a certain lack of maneuvering ability. But hey, why let that slow you down?

You can also see one of the simpler methods of feeding round bales. This particular day the temperature topped out at fifteen degrees so we fed grain hay (no, that's not plain straw) because it has more calories which helps the cows generate more body heat. When these bales are made the windrows of hay are rolled up like a sleeping bag. This handy dandy clamp on the back of the tractor lets you grab it at the center of rotation and roll it right back out again. Bingo. Cow buffet.



Don't go blaming me if you just died from the cuteness. While you're recovering look at the Pages menu on the right. I've added something new, the Songs and Stories list. Check it out. Now. Because I said so and I'm the boss of this blog, except on the days when Blogger sticks out its tongue says I'm not.

*

4 comments:

Crystal Posey said...

Very cute!

Cynthia D'Alba said...

I would leave a message but I've passed out from all the cuteness.

Linda G. said...

Awww-dorable! :)

Megan Coakley said...

I love brand new babies of all species!

And thank you for answering my question: "How do they unroll all those bales of hay?"

"Montana For Real:" cute AND informative!